- Performing Arts Camp
- Coed Overnight Camp
6 to 17 years-old
- Camp Season:
June 25, 2023 – August 19, 2023
- Camp Tuition Range:
$3,850.00 – $15,400.00
Discounts & Financial Assistance available
- Camp Accreditation(s): American Camp Association Accredited & Wayne County Camp Alliance
- 70 Clark Road
Thompson, Pennsylvania 18465
Thank you for your interest in Independent Lake Camp, THE Superior Pocono Mountain summer camp for boys and girls ages 6-17. If you are looking for a diverse and intimate community, with committed creativity, powerful individualized programming and superb facilities ILC is the camp for your child.
Independent Lake Camp has multiple session options including a 2, 3, 5, 6 or 8 week session.
ILC offers many exciting programs including Circus & Flying Trapeze, Performing Arts, Dance, Magic, Music & Recording Studio, Sports & Fitness, Pool & Private Lake, Fine & Digital Arts, Movie Making, Skateboarding, High Ropes & Climbing, Role Playing Games & DnD, Nature and Horseback Riding.We cater to each child's individual needs and respect each child's individuality.
Ask us about why we attract more first time campers than any other camp in our area, and ask us why we are able to attract and keep teenagers. Call us at 1-800-399-CAMP.
- Water Skiing
- Talent Shows
- Ropes Course
- Horseback Riding
- Arts & Crafts
- Climbing Wall
- Go Carts
- Field Trips
- Electronic Recording studio
- Horseback Riding
- Flying Trapeze
- Digital arts
- Video editing
- Musical/ Plays
- BMX Biking
- Ropes Course
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Fitness Center
- Transportation Services
- Registered Nurse
- On-site Physician
- Laundry Service
- Internet Service
- Optional pick-up and drop-off Bus service from Newark and JFK Airports
- Philadelphia, Chelsea Piers, New Jersey and Baltimore.
- optional trips to Dorney Park or Movie/Mall Trips
A Superior Pocono Mountain Summer Camp with the following facilities:
- Over 50 residential cabins to sleep up to 850 including staff
- Gymnasium, sports fields, tennis courts, archery range, volleyball courts, & a full sized soccer field
- Private 100 acre lake with water skiing, wakeboarding, sailing, kayaking, SUP's, & a heated pool
- Theatre seating 850, two dance studios, magic building complete with stage
- Dining room seating 850 people with fully equipped kitchen
- High ropes course and indoor climbing wall
- Music practice spaces, outdoor performance stages, & a purpose built recording studio
- Circus complex, two outdoor flying trapezes
- Creative arts center with multiple spaces including ceramics studio and digital arts spaces including iMac computer lab
- Skatepark with over 20 ramps, rails and elements
- Horse stables, riding ring and miles of trails
- Fitness center
- Go-Kart track, chicken coop and more
Independent Lake Camp has approximately 200 staff.
ILC Counselors are 18 + years old and range from college students though to teachers and athletes. We have a large number of returing staff who bring experince and share the traditions and pass on the magic of ILC. We hire staff from all over the world who bring diversity and an energy like no other to the ILC community. All staff must have significant experience, or certifications in the activity they teach and a passion to share their skill with campers of all ages.
All Staff are personally interteview, reference checked, attend a manditory 8 day orientation training and get a crimial background checked and sexual offenders check.
ILC invests heavily in Management, Head Counselors and Department Heads who are all professionals in their fields, Many of which are school teachers. See our website to meet our team and Directors - https://www.independentlake.com/about/owners-directors/
Indepdnent Lake has a team of nurses and doctors which live on site thoughout the camp season. With acess to a number of hospitals and medical facilities from 20-40 mins away.
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE
To Respect and celebrate diversity: honoring people for whom they are, in an open-minded and open-hearted spirit of trust, acceptance, recognition, and kindness.
To Create a safe, supportive, exciting summer of discovery during which campers experience and connect to people of all ages and backgrounds, and in the process connect to all aspects of their own diverse selves as well.
To Understand that "fun" and "learning" should be synonyms (especially in summer!), leading to greater physical, emotional, and intellectual skills, comfort levels, and pride: observable gifts of growth with which the child returns home.
To Challenge counselors, staff, and all who work with our campers, to set the standard for, and to achieve, the ideal in positive, successful,life-enriching interactions with every single child.
To Nurture and endow young people with such a wealth of esteem for themselves, for humanity, and for the adventure and meaningful joy possible in life, that, entering the larger stage of adult community, they heal,repair, and enhance our world-at-large.
- Session 1Dates:June 25, 2023 – July 8, 2023Capacity:600 campersTuition:$4,250.00
- Session 2Dates:July 9, 2023 – July 29, 2023Capacity:600 campersTuition:$6,375.00
- Session 3Dates:July 30, 2023 – August 19, 2023Capacity:600 campersTuition:$6,375.00
Camp Job Opportunities
If your looking for a role where you can share your skills, teach kids, be surrounded by a unique and diverse team of young adults and live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer, look no further.
If you’re looking for a role where you can share your love for the outdoors, spend your day on a 100 acre private lake, be surrounded by a unique & diverse team of young adults & live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer... look no further
Are you looking for a role where you can share your skills, teach kids, be surrounded by a unique & diverse team of young adults & live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer, look no further.