Jumonville Christian Camp & Retreat Center
Baptist, Christian, Methodist, Presbyterian
Hopwood, Pennsylvania 15445
Experience the Jumonville Difference!
- a Premier Christian Camp and Retreat Center for over 75 years
- offering Adventure, Sports, Creative & Performing Arts, Sampler, and Family Camps
- located 50 miles south of Pittsburgh in a beautiful mountaintop setting
- changing lives through rest, recreation, and spiritual refreshment in summer camps and retreat experiences
- providing an atmosphere of safety, comfort, and adventure
There is nothing better than a personal visit to see what Jumonville has to offer. Come explore the campus and be inspired by The Cross of Christ on the mountaintop. Contact us to schedule a free tour/visit.
Jumonville is a Premier Christian Camp and Retreat Center, and is best known for the “Cross of Christ”, standing 60’ high on the mountaintop. Hiking up to Dunbar’s Knob to see the cross and the breathtaking views is an inspiring highlight for everyone who visits.
Jumonville offers co-ed, overnight summer camps, and retreat space year’round. It is United Methodist affiliated, and open to all Christian denominations, as well as children and families who have no particular church affiliation.
Camp has always been a great place to make new friends, grow in faith, and enjoy the best of summer fun. Children, youth, adults and families have opportunities to enjoy a wide variety of events, from 3-day mini-camps for younger campers with/or without parents to a 6 or 7-day camp event. Whether guests are looking for Arts, Adventure, Sports, Sampler or Family camps, Jumonville has something to offer. Jumonville also offers dining and meeting space for your retreat or reunion for up to 380 people.
Lodging ranges from luxury private rooms to family-style lodges and cozy cabins, with delicious meals for up to 380 guests. Family discounts and scholarships are available. Discover the beauty, peace, and excitement on the mountaintop and experience the difference at Jumonville!
Ask for your FREE summer camp or retreat information for your family, church, or community event.
The beautiful campus, 19th century stone buildings, and flagstone walkways reflect the rich history of this mountaintop; the site of the first battle of the French and Indian War and a Soldier's Orphan School after the Civil War. Yet it offers exceptional lodging, comfort and modern conveniences. Jumonville’s historic campus, wooded trails, and breathtaking views are ideal for rest, renewal, recreation, and adventure.
Lodging options for 350+ range from luxury private rooms to family-style lodges and family style cabins, all with private baths. Dining facilities for up to 350 are available, offering delicious homestyle meals with fresh breakfast bar and salad bar options. A variety of meeting spaces are available for large group gatherings or small group breakout sessions.
Jumonville has been a leader in Adventure programming and training for over 30 years. Three challenge ropes courses, and an indoor Adventure Center serve our most popular programs for rock climbing and individual initiatives. Not only is it challenging and fun, the Jumonville Adventure Program is an outstanding tool for building teamwork, self-confidence and personal growth in life-changing ways.
In addition, sports facilities and activities include Volleyball, Sand volleyball, soccer, Softball, basketball, tennis, Mountainboards, swimming in summer, disc golf, FitTrail, hiking, Prayer Walk, indoor rock climbing, outdoor ropes course, teambuilding, pickle ball, Gaga ball, 9 square in the air, and more!
Where will my child stay?
Where your child will stay at camp will depend on the particular camp event for which they register. Each of the different camp events are assigned to specific cabins or lodges which are modern, comfortable, and fully winterized for year round use. Jumonville’s lodges and cabins feature clean attractive rooms with comfortable furniture, twin or bunk beds, and full baths. There is a FREE summer camp promotional DVD that is available from the Jumonville office if you would like a virtual tour of the facilities. In addition, reservations may also be made to visit the site in person and have a tour of the facilities led by one of Jumonville’s staff members.
What kind of supervision will my child have?
Jumonville operates on a normal ratio of one counselor for every four campers. Some of our special needs camps have a ratio of one counselor for every two campers. The counselors are assigned to specific cabins and sleep in the same rooms with the campers. A core staff of paid counselors is supplemented with many volunteers. The paid counselors go through a three week counselor training program before being assigned to specific camp events. Volunteer counselors receive training materials from their deans and also are oriented with key staff members in the afternoon before the campers arrive.
At what age can my child attend camp?
Camp events are open to just about all ages. Family camps have had campers as young as several weeks old and have had adult campers in their 90’s. Most summer campers, however, are school age. The camp schedule lists the age levels for each of the more than 50 summer camp events from which to choose. If a camp is listed as ages 9-11, that means that it is open to anyone who will be between the ages of 9-11 during their week of camp. Usually by age 7 or 8, a child may stay without a parent for a 3 day minicamp as a fun introduction to all of the wonderful experiences of camp life.
Is Financial Aid available?
A limited amount of financial aid is made available through Jumonville directly. Financial aid is distributed on an “individual needs” basis as long as funds from donors are available. In addition to regular financial aid, Jumonville will provide $75 camperships (shorter events pro-rated) available for families sending more than one child to camp on a first-come, first-served basis. (Family Discounts are already included in the prices of C.A.T. Camp and Mommy, Daddy & Me events.) The camperships are available to the second or more campers, who are siblings of the same household. Full-week camper will count as first camper.
What if my child gets sick or has an emergency?
Jumonville has a Paramedic who lives year round on site as one of the permanent staff members. Additional summer staff are trained to help provide health care and First Aid. Jumonville also has a camp doctor who annually approves “standing orders” for health care procedures. Our health care staff can be reached by cell phone or intercom phones located in most of the buildings. Emergency First Aid instructions are posted in all of the cabins and lodges. Paid counselors are all First Aid and CPR certified. All counselors receive training in areas such as safety drills and other emergency procedures.
What if my child has allergies or special needs?
We will be happy to discuss any special needs your child has prior to their week of camp and let you know how we can help. In addition, our daily menu is posted on a large screen TV with the top 8 most common food allergies listed so campers can make safe choices for their individual needs. Trained health care providers will care for any First aid or medication administration for your child.
Camp Season: June 9, 2019 to August 19, 2019
Multiple camper discounts available
Financial assistance available
- SessionDates# CampersTuition
- Week 1
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/9/2019 to 6/15/2019200 Campers$535.00
- 4 Adventure Camps to choose from, for ages 8-10, 11-13, and 14-17. Also a Mommy, Daddy & Me for ages 4-6, and 3 mini camps: One for ages 7-9, one is a Mini Adventure for ages 7-9 and one is a mini-sampler for ages 11-13. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 2
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/16/2019 to 6/22/2019258 Campers$500.00
- 3 sports camps for Elementary, Middle School and High School ages. 4 Adventure Camps for ages 9-11, 11-13, 14-17, and a FAMILY ADVENTURE, plus 1 Water Adventure Camp for ages 14-17. 1 Mini Camp and one Mini Adventure Camp for ages 7-9. Jesus Adventure & Me for mentally challenged, ages 14+. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 3
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/23/2019 to 6/29/2019284 Campers$320.00
- JAC Camp - Jesus Adventure Camp for youth groups and leaders. More information is available on the Jumonville website.
- Week 4
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/30/2019 to 7/6/2019306 Campers$450.00
- 3 Adventure Camps for ages 9-11, 12-14, 14-17, plus a Mommy, Daddy & Me Adventure Camp. 2 Sampler Camps for ages 8-10, 11-13, Games Camp for ages 13-16, and Rock the Mountain Music Camp for ages 13-17. 2 Mini Camps for ages 6-8, and Discovery Camp for mentally challenged, ages 15-adult. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 5
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/7/2019 to 7/13/2019240 Campers$524.00
- Creative Arts & Talents for all ages, with over 20 different classes like Stained glass, Ukranian eggs, and pewter cast jewelry, photography, and much more! Mini Camp for ages 7-9, Adventure Camp for ages 10-13, Sr. Hi Challenge Adventure Camp for ages 14-17. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 6
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/14/2019 to 7/19/2019114 Campers$400.00
- 3 Adventure Camps for ages 9-11, 11-13, 14-17, a mini adventure camp for ages 7-9, and Dance Camp for ages 13-17. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 7 Family Week
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/20/2019 to 7/27/2019400 Campers$453.00
- Family Week is a Christian Family vacation centered on Christian teaching, warm fellowship, and lots of fun and recreation! Sports competitions, swimming, and ropes course are options along with a carnival night, book club, Bible studies, crafts, nature walks, worship service at the Cross, square dancing, campfires, and nightly family friendly entertainment. Plus there are nearby options like Ohiopyle Falls State Park rafting and biking trips, 2 Frank Lloyd Wright homes open for tours, fishing, golf, Fort necessity and many other historic sites. NEW FAMILIES qualify for up at 25% discount! Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 8
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/28/2019 to 8/3/201996 Campers$452.00
- Adventure Challenge for ages 13-15, Mini Adventure for ages 7-9, Fishing and Wilderness for ages 12-16, and Ultimate Games for ages 9-12. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
- Week 9
MORE INFORMATION ▼8/4/2019 to 8/7/2019264 Campers$255.00
- Mommy, Daddy & Me family camp for ages 5-9 with parent or grandparent, Summer's Last Blast for ages 10-14, Summer's Last Adventure for ages 14-17, Mini Adventure for ages 7-9. Tuition varies, and full week cost is averaged below. Mini camps are half-week and about half that price. Full descriptions, details and costs available on website.
Click "Camp" marker on map to get driving directions to Jumonville Christian Camp & Retreat Center.