Special Needs Camp: Learning Disabilities
1422 Cox Rd
Arden, Ontario K0H1B0
Welcome to Camp Kennebec, established in 1967, a wonderful place where kids & teens with special needs have a great time, accomplish more than they ever expected, make new friends, and best of all, create the fabulous summer memories they deserve.
Kids & Teens Thrive On Our "Fun-First" Approach!
The most important thing is to give kids a wonderful summer camp experience with all the silliness, fun and activities we can. It's our job to adapt the Kennebec program if and when a camper needs it.
Every day is a perfect blend of individual choice & 50+ activities including:
Fun, exciting waterfront games, sports and skills
- Waterskiing - Water Trampoline - Wakeboarding - Sailing - Tubing - Instructional Swim - Water Sports - Canoeing - Waterfront games - Kayaking - Canoeing & Free Swim
Expert instruction & skills building in our land activities
- Horseback Riding - Climbing Wall - High Ropes - Zip Lining - Archery - Land Sports - Trips & Camp-outs
Creative and artistic options to discover hidden talents
- Music - Wood shop - Arts & Crafts - Dance - Drama - Art - Singing
- Optional 1:1 academic tutoring with our onsite teachers and educators
- Our leadership training program for teens and mature campers teaches older campers how to organize activities, assist counsellors, learn life, social and employment skills. Some of our leaders take on daily camp responsibilities like coaching younger campers at activities, assisting counsellors, preparing meals and helping laundry, mail room and tuck shop staff.
We accept campers ages 6 and up with ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, LD's, Tourettes, social skills disabilities, behavioural needs and many others. Mature professional staff keep a 2:1 ratio with a focus on social and life skills. Comfortable cabins with electricity and washroom facilities. Situated on 900 acres, surrounded by 3 lakes. Medical staff on site.
Situated on over 900 acres of property, on 4 lakes. Campers sleep in cabins set back from the lake for safety, but with a lakefront view. Cabins have bunk beds, cubbies and shelves for campers' personal effects, and a washroom. The shower house with private stalls is located nearby.
We are fortunate to have a core group of well-trained, dedicated individuals who have been at Camp for years, and return every summer. Our kind, caring and experienced head staff are professionals who create and perpetuate the warm, caring and fun Kennebec community. Our counsellors include teachers, educational assistants, child and youth care workers, and university and college students enrolled in a variety of programs. All staff receive a series of in-depth interviews, must provide references which we review thoroughly and contact, and must pass a police background check. In addition, all staff participate in a mandatory, intensive, week-long training program before campers arrive.
Camp Season: July 2, 2017 to August 26, 2017
Multiple camper discounts available
- SessionDates# CampersTuition
- Winter Break Camp
MORE INFORMATION ▼3/11/2017 to 4/14/201720 Campers$1,500.00
- March Break, Spring Break or Winter Break Camp – Call It What You Will – It’s Amazing Winter Fun! March Break & Spring Break Camp Overview & Highlights: - Enjoy our beautiful camp property – 1,000 beautiful, unspoiled, snow-covered acres - Co-ed program open to Camp Kennebec families & non-Kennebecers too Specially designed for campers aged 6+ with autism, ADHD, developmental delays and other challenges - Low camper to staff ratio, so campers enjoy individualized programs and attention - Campers and staff sleep in heated cottages at the “Point Cottage” or in the “Chalet”. - Experienced summer & alumni staff supervision - Campers practice life and social skills while having fun living together in a cabin. They help cook some of their meals (under staff supervision), keep the cabin clean and work cooperatively to complete tasks - Free transportation to and from Toronto, (and possibly Ottawa, Montreal & Windsor if registration allows. If Toronto isn’t convenient for you, we will help you make other travel arrangements, or you can drop off/pick up campers at camp in Arden, Ontario - Cost is $1,600 Canadian for a one week stay. Campers who stay for two or more weeks pay $1,500 per week. Stay for One, Two or More Weeks This year, our Camp Kennebec March Break/Spring Break/Winter Break Camp will run over five weeks, coinciding with public and private school breaks in many different regions such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Michigan and New York. Please register for as many weeks as you like: Sunday March 5 – Saturday March 11, 2017 Sunday March 12 – Saturday March 18, 2017 Sunday March 19 – Saturday March 25, 2017 Saturday April 1 – Friday April 7, 2017 Saturday April 8 – Friday April 14, 2017 Now Camp Kennebec isn’t just for the summer anymore. Experience Camp Kennebec fun year-round.
Click "Camp" marker on map to get driving directions to Camp Kennebec.