YMCA Camp Silver Beach
6272 YMCA Lane
Jamesville, Virginia 23398
YMCA Camp Silver Beach is located on the Chesapeake Bay on Virginia's Eastern Shore, with 1200 feet of pristine beachfront. Our 151 acres host a 55-foot Alpine II Challenge Course, Climbing Tower, Giant Swing, swimming pools, sailing, kayaking, tennis courts, Wet Willie giant water slide, skate park, and optional ski school. Our well-trained summer staff is carefully selected from around the world to create a unique community here at camp. The counselors we hire are positive and enthusiastic role models and allow us to maintain a 4-to-1 camper-to-staff ratio. We also offer a Teen Adventure Camp opportunity for rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors, as well as a Counselor-In-Training program for rising juniors.
We house all our campers in air-conditioned newly funished cabins with a maximum of 9 cabin mates and a minimum of two experienced and highly trained counselors. Each cabin has two private bathrooms.
All building around camp are air conditioned, including our 350 capacity Dining Hall with a beautiful view of the Chesapeake Bay.
We are situated on 151 acres of prime Eastern Shore estate with 1200 feet of beach front property from which we run any or all of our seven motorboats or ten sail boats. We run activities in designated areas perfectly suited to their needs. These range all the way from Archery and Riflrey ranges, two multi purpose Athletic/Sports fields, an environmental education lab, as well as Martial Arts, Dance and Drama Studios and a Creative Arts room. We also have a basketball court, covered sports pavillion and two tennis courts.
We hand select passionate young men and women from all over the world to mentor and guide you child. We select them on the basis of their character, the motivation, their background and their experience. We look for young men and women who deeply care about children and positively impacting their futures. We certify all our staff in CPR and First Aid, as well as providing appropriate certifications for all the staff who facilitate such activities as swimming, motor boats, sailing, riflrey, archery, ropes courses and our skate park. All staff are evaluated and are driven to maintain an exceptional level of care for your child.
We also bring in staff from up to 20 different countries around the world, including Brazil, Great Britain, Australia and many more. This brings a rich culture and atmosphere to camp that is hard to find elsewhere.
What is your camp's focus?
We like to focus on our campers social growth. We run our programs in such a way that affords every camper to make decisions constantly during the day. These decisions range from where to go, what to do, and who to do it with and how to behave. Our counselors are not teachers, nor are they police. They are role models and guides. They are there to provide a good example to the campers in their charge and inform them as to the consequences of their actions. This allows campers to make clear and informed decisions and learn from their mistakes and their successes in a constructive way
What seperates YMCA Camp Silver Beach from other camps?
Kids being kids can have fun in near any environment. What makes Camp Silver Beach special is that we not only give you child a fun experience, but we build on that fun experience with a positive, character building experience focusing on the core values of the YMCA and the social growth of your child
What does an accreditation mean to me as a parent?
Any camp that is listed as ACA accredited has had to pass stringent standards concerning their practices, and are required to consistantly perform to these standards. These standards span every aspect of camp operations, from staff screening, to facility maintenance and activity safety. We pride ourselves on not only doing what is necessary to gain accreditation, but going above and beyond to hold ourselves to a far higher standard than any accreditation standard.
How can I get more information about your camp?
Its easy. You can visit our website at www.campsilverbeach.org and download our forms and browse our pages, or you can email email@example.com with a request, and during normal office hours of 8am to 4pm you can call 757-442-4634
Camp Season: June 16, 2013 to August 17, 2013
Financial assistance available
- SessionDates# CampersTuition
- Session 16/16/2013 to 6/22/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 26/23/2013 to 6/29/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 36/30/2013 to 7/6/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 47/7/2013 to 7/13/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 57/14/2013 to 7/20/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 6 (SOLD OUT)7/21/2013 to 7/27/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 77/27/2013 to 8/3/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Session 88/4/2013 to 8/10/2013350 Campers$820.00
- Teen Adventure Camp
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/30/2013 to 7/20/201380 Campers$2,475.00
- Teen Adventure Camp is a Special Teen program for rising freshmen, sophomores and juniors. It is 3 weeks as oppossed to the usual 1 week session and includes an exlcusive experience. TAC campers participate in regular camp in the same way as normal campers, but what makes the program special is the trips and the community service. TAC campers participate in service projets with groups such as habitat for humanity, lighthouse ministry and eastern shore hospice. They also go on weekend trips to beautiful chincoteague island and norfolk while participating in specialy planned segregated Evening Programs
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/28/2013 to 8/17/201324 Campers$2,475.00
- Our counselor-in-training program allows rising juniors to learn from our experienced and well trained staff and directors. We have a well structured program that trains our CIT's in every aspect of camp life, ranging from leadership skills, to experience in various activity areas and dealing with children with difficulties such as home sickness. For more information on the CIT program, please contact camp and ask to speak to one of the directors.
- Session 98/11/2013 to 8/17/2013350 Campers$820.00
Click "Camp" marker on map to get driving directions to YMCA Camp Silver Beach.