Emagination Game Design
Computer, Computer Gaming, Pre-College Enrichment, Video Game Design
Camp Locations: Georgia, Massachusetts
GET INSIDE THE GAME!
Choose your role on the development team. Will you be a 3D Animator, Level Designer, Audio Artist, or Programmer? Learn creative and technical skills using industry standard software --- Maya and 3ds Max from Autodesk, Adobe Photoshop® and Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games. Design and build your own 3D video game under the direction of Lead Designers (aka the Instructors). Present your game to a panel of industry experts, tour a game studio and learn from game studio guest speakers. Teens 15 – 18 who are serious about learning game design will have a blast and learn valuable real world skills in this immersive 14 day 13 night program.
It’s Worth the Trip to Atlanta or Boston
Offered at Bentley University near Boston and Mercer University in Atlanta, Emagination Game Design attracts teens from all across America and many foreign countries. We help with transportation by picking up and dropping off at airport and train terminals.
The Benefits of Emagination Game Design
- Teens learn from a team of highly qualified Emagination instructors.
- Teens experience what it’s like to work in today’s video game design industry.
- Teens learn to use industry standard software including Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop® and Unreal Engine 3.
- By playing a role on the development team, each teen accepts responsibility for part of the game and during development learns about teamwork and the importance of meeting milestones and deadlines.
- Teens gain public speaking skills as they present their game to a panel of game industry experts.
- Teens see the pros in action on a tour of a game development studio.
- Teens learn from game studio executives who come to campus as guest speakers.
- Teens get unplugged in daily outdoor recreation or swimming.
Instructors are recent graduates and students completing degrees in digital media arts at leading universities. There are an average of six participants per Instructor.
Camp Season: June 9, 2013 to July 26, 2013
Multiple camper discounts available
Click "Camp" marker on map to get driving directions to Emagination Game Design.