Travel for Teens
Teen Tour & Teen Travel Camp
900 West Valley Road, Suite 300
Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087
Camp Locations: Africa, Asia, France, Italy
Travel for Teens believes that teen travel should be both fun and enriching. Our programs feature choice in what you do, see, and experience, a dynamic that sets us apart from superficial tours that herd large groups from one site to another.
Travel for Teens has grown exponentially over the years, from one trip to Paris in 2003 to 50 programs covering 35 countries on 5 continents today. In Europe, Thailand, Southern Africa, the United States, Costa Rica, Australia, and New Zealand, we visit the best of the mainstream attractions while offering the opportunity to explore the culture from a less ‘touristy’ perspective. We interact with our host cultures, taking cooking and dance lessons, performing valuable service work to help local communities, and conversing with the people who have spent their lives living in the places we journey to.
We have crafted our unique programs to engender love for travel, hunger for learning, curiosity about differences, appreciation of similarities across cultures, and an understanding of what it means to be a global citizen. We look forward to traveling with you!
All of the places we stay on our trips are safe, clean, and very fun. Room size ranges from two to five campers in a room and all of our hotels are carefully chosen and vetted before the trips.
Travel for Teens staff are hands-down the most experienced in the teen travel industry. They have lived or studied abroad and speak 1-3 languages in addition to English, giving our trips an incredible level of insider access in the countries that we visit. They are also famous for being fun and having a great sense of humor!
Safety is always our number one concern and staff have been trained in emergency preparedness, first aid, and CPR.
The camper to counselor ratio on all of our trips is an extremely low 7 to 1, ensuring the personal care and attention that you deserve while traveling.
Camp Season: June 24, 2013 to August 13, 2013
Multiple camper discounts available
- SessionDates# CampersTuition
- Classic Italy
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/8/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$4,285.00
- Italy is scooters zooming down narrow cobblestone streets, the smell of espresso in the morning, the crumbling vestiges of the world’s greatest empire, the incredible marvels of the Renaissance, fresh local food, and a warm sense of hospitality. Italy’s many layers of history present us with a fascinating modern-day country where ancient buildings house contemporary cutting-edge fashion boutiques, and where Ferraris dart along roads built by the Ancient Romans. History, art, fashion, shopping, and cuisine are all on the menu for our unique Italy adventure – as always featuring the experiences, priorities and details that make us travelers, not tourists. We spend time in a number of different regions in Italy, digging beneath the layers of the past to understand the cultures and histories of each of these timeless places. We compare the cuisines, we connect the stories, we meet Italians, and we absorb the individual tastes of each place. We begin our journey in Venice, the enigmatic floating city that will enchant you with its maze-like alleyways and magnificent crumbling palaces on the Grand Canal. Next, after a stop at Pisa, we’re off to the dramatic mountains and turquoise Mediterranean waters of the Cinque Terre, on the northeast coast of Italy. Here we’ll enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of an authentic Italian fishing village. The rolling hills of Tuscany await, where we will relax at our country estate and make day trips to Florence and Siena. Rome is our final destination, where we’ll trace the history of Italy from its earliest origins through the glories of empire, the rise of Catholicism, and the renewal of the Renaissance. Our accommodations, activities and meals in Italy all reflect our genuine motivation to provide an authentic, real cultural experience to all of our participants. As on all of our trips, we incorporate choice and flexibility so that each participant can zero in on those aspects he or she finds most interesting, meaningful, and fun.
- Greece For Teens
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/26/2013 to 7/8/201335 Campers$4,285.00
- Greece is a land of warm smiles and hospitality, beautiful beaches, bustling markets, and the ruins of a glorious ancient civilization. Come with us this summer to enjoy the vast treasures of this fascinating culture! Our trip begins in Athens, center of the Ancient World and today a thriving metropolis. We’ll spend time at the majestic Acropolis, heart of the ancient empire and home to the famous Parthenon. Then turn your attention to the city of today, where you’ll shop busy markets, learn to cook Greek food, go windsurfing in sparkling seas, and much more. As on all TFT trips, you have choices every day so that you can design your own personal itinerary! We won’t miss out on mystical, mysterious Delphi, home to the Oracle that initiated the story of Oedipus and one of the sites of the original Olympic Games. Departing the mainland for the Aegean Sea, we’ll visit two of the most stunning of the Greek Islands. You’ll kick back and live the traditional Greek island life amidst warm Mediterranean breezes on terraces overlooking the blue sea, white sand beaches, and fragrant flowers. Throughout your travels, you’ll be in the company of guides who speak the language like a native and know the terrain like the back of their hand. You’ll have insider access to this exciting and diverse culture in ways you can’t get elsewhere, as we head inside tiny shops to meet local bakers and artisans, and learn about the culture from the people who live it every day of their lives. Come see Greece like you’ve never imagined with Travel for Teens this summer!
- Paris & the South of France
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/8/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$4,285.00
- Paris is the world’s legendary city, home to artists and emperors, writers and composers, and site of some of the most important events in history. As France’s biggest and most vibrant and cosmopolitan city, it deserves its time in the spotlight. But France has so much more to offer! Come with us as we explore this rich and diverse country both in big city and the rich countryside. Start your trip with a week in Paris, one of the world’s most splendid capital cities. Here, you will experience all the wonder and excitement the makes the city so famous. Enjoy a behind the scenes tour of the 12th largest fashion house in Paris, take cooking lessons at a French chef's house, climb the steps of Montmartre, shop the famous names along the Champs Elysees, climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, explore the vastness of the world’s largest art collection at the Louvre and admire the masterpieces of the Impressionists at the Musee D'Orsay. Marvel at Paris from the top of the iron wonder of the Eiffel Tower. Along the way, discover the delights of French cuisine and the charm of the city’s historical neighborhoods. You can shop along Paris’ legendary commercial streets, sample crepes from curbside vendors, and take in the spellbinding atmosphere of a city like no other. Leaving behind the City of Lights, we’ll head to Nice, on the French Riviera, to chill out on its sprawling crescent beach and enjoy the Mediterranean in midsummer. You’ll have to option to take a day trip to Monaco, where you will see its elegant casino, and to visit the hilltop town of Eze or Grasse with its famous perfume factories. Comparing the South of France to Paris will give you an idea of how varied and complex France really is - but which will you like more, the romance and elegance of Paris or the laid-back charm of the French Riviera? As with all our trips, our journey through France is led by guides who know this region intimately. Their expertise allows you to plan a safe trip that abounds in options, so that you can take in the parts of French culture that appeal to you most.
- Eastern Europe
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/8/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$3,985.00
- Budapest, Krakow and Prague – three unique cities, countries and cultures. This is the trip of a lifetime to a fascinating part of Europe that is largely unknown to American travelers, and with our experienced and knowledgeable staff, you will explore and discover these places in ways you’ll never forget. This dynamic region stands out as completely distinct from its neighbors in Western Europe. The history is palpable everywhere, yet change and modernization are also in the air. Our trip is jam-packed with living history and offers an intriguing window into the shocking events of 20th century Europe. We’ll experience everything from the splendor of the glittering Habsburg Dynasty to the cold fist of Nazi occupation and days of the Iron Curtain. We’ll relax in Turkish baths and learn about the communist history at the base of statues of Lenin in Budapest, experience the up-and-coming energy of Krakow as well as the sobering WWII history at Auschwitz, and finish our trip touring Prague castle and feast our eyes on the untouched beauty of Old Town Square. By night we will enjoy fun and fancy dinners, jazz clubs and even a night of dancing. In all three locations, we achieve behind the scenes acces unattainable to travelers without our local connnections. The Travel for Teens approach is ideal for absorbing this complex and diverse region, as every camper can choose from a variety of options to make their trip special and unique. Activities involving music, art, food, dance, history, and natural beauty can be combined to craft your own unique, unforgettable trip! All the while, an expert staff of TFT counselors is there to ensure your safety and to guarantee you access to experiences and destinations that less-informed travelers often overlook.
- Sicily Community Service
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/26/2013 to 7/8/201313 Campers$3,285.00
- Sicily combines sun, fresh food, natural beauty, and enough history, art and architecture to satisfy even the most accomplished traveler. This service trip offers an entirely unique home stay experience – the entire group, together with our counselors, stay at a Sicilian family’s estate, in our own living quarters, giving us unparalleled insider access to the rich Sicilian culture. Our project site is a farming estate constructed over 200 years ago and located in the midst of vineyards and fruit orchards on the foothills of Mt. Etna. The estate is being converted for use as an accommodation and cultural center for those in need from the lower-income areas of nearby Catania. We will be working on various projects involving the renovation and improvement of the property, both indoors and out.* The work is tough, but we are rewarded every day with spectacular views of the Sicilian countryside and the friendships that we make with each other and our warm Sicilian host family. In addition to our service project, we will also take day trips to explore the treasures of Sicily. We’ll journey to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento to admire some of the best preserved Greek temples in world, check out the unique Greco-Roman heritage of Syracuse, hit the beaches at the nature reserve in Vendicari, and trek up the massive volcano, Mt. Etna. This trip offers intimate contact with Sicily’s people and land, and has routinely provided a life-changing experience for all involved. * Participants will be awarded with a certificate for 40 hours of community service work at the end of the summer. Note: Offered in multiple sessions Session 1: June 26 - July 8, 2013 Session 2: July 8 - July 20, 2013 Session 3: July 20 - August 1, 2013
- Paris Language
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/29/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$5,985.00
- Come spend twelve days in the glittering city of Paris, sharpening your French skills and taking in the best of French culture! There is no better way to improve your ability to communicate in a second language than to immerse yourself in it, and here you will do just that, as you spend your mornings taking French lessons and your afternoons and evenings traversing Paris’s legendary quarters and seeing the best the city has to offer! We stay at a lovely Parisian hotel in the Marais, one of the most exciting and culturally rich districts of the city. Here, you’ll be just minutes from Paris’s most sought-after attractions. We’ll take you from the heights of the Eiffel Tower to the depths of the city’s creepy catacombs. You’ll shop in posh boutiques along the Champs Èlysèes and scour the flea markets for bargains. And all along, you’ll get to hone your French skills as you talk your way through the City of Lights. We’ll visit some of the world’s most important collections of art and enjoy traditional French cuisine at local cafes. We’ll take a day trip to Versailles and tour its ornate halls and meticulously sculpted gardens, as well as getting a look inside of one of Paris’ largest fashion houses. With the help of our TFT staff, you’ll cover the city’s history and gain a sense of its role in world culture today, as you improve your French and put it into practice in the epicenter of the Francophone world!
- Amsterdam, Belgium, & Paris
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/20/2013 to 8/1/201335 Campers$4,185.00
- This trip consistently ranks among the most popular summer adventures TFT has to offer! And it's no wonder, since our voyage through this region combines some of the Europe's most desirable destinations, sights, and attractions with tons of little-known gems that attentive and interested travelers seek out. On this trip we gain access to the distinct cultures of these three very diverse countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, and France), and we devote our attention to understanding not only what makes them all unique but also the ways in which they are intimately entwined. Our first destination is Amsterdam, a favorite stop for backpackers and young travelers, where we tour the city's gardens and squares, take in a bit of its nightlife, and enjoy the art and history on display. Then we head to Belgium – a destination often overlooked by tourists but overflowing with amazing sites and activities. We tour the canals of Bruges (often called "the Venice of Northern Europe"), learn the art of handcrafted chocolate in Brussels, and shop in Antwerp. Along the way, we pause to reflect on the lessons of modern history, as we visit the site of a former concentration camp. We round out our travels in Paris, City of Light, where we stay just steps away from Notre Dame Cathedral. We tour the Louvre, picnic at the Luxembourg Gardens, enjoy the spectacle of the city at night, dine on fabulous food, pop into the shops along the Champs Élysée, and climb to the tops of the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. With the help of our expert staff, you'll have enough choices and insider knowledge to make this trip truly unforgettable!
- Scotland and Ireland
MORE INFORMATION ▼8/1/2013 to 8/13/201335 Campers$3,685.00
- Ireland For Teens features the natural beauty, rich history and the wonderfully unique culture of Ireland, combined with exciting activities that will thrill and challenge you. Where else can you combine surfing great waves in the Atlantic with exploring ancient castles and prehistoric cliff-top fortresses? You will be astonished at the rawness and the unspoiled beauty of this great country and will fall in love with the people there, all the more so when you understand their poignant history. For the first part of our trip we’ll base ourselves at a seaside adventure center, where we’ll spend our days kayaking, snorkeling, rock climbing, horseback riding, surfing, and much more. Our evenings will be spent at the center of village life, playing snooker in local pubs, or playing games around campfires on the beach. Then it’s on to the rugged and sublimely beautiful Aran Islands, where the locals speak Gaelic, not English. We’ll ride bikes around Inishmore and explore a 5,000 year old ring fort perched on a cliff. We wrap up our journey in the lively port town of Galway, famous for its traditional Irish music, shopping, and colorful buildings. We run this trip with our signature balance of freedom, structure and safety. You’ll live for ten glorious days amidst historical ruins, on spectacular beaches and across hills painted the intense shades of green only to be found in Ireland.
- Australia & New Zealand
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/25/2013 to 7/14/201335 Campers$5,285.00
- Australia is a land of rainforests and deserts, of busy modern cities teeming with energy and vast expanses of untouched nature where ancient cultures and traditions still thrive. Come experience the wonder of this spectacular place as only TFT can show it to you! Excitement awaits us on land and at sea, as we spend our days hiking and playing sports, snorkeling, swimming, and basking in the sun. We learn to throw a boomerang in the Outback, visit a working cattle ranch, and eat fantastic food in some of the world’s most amazing cities. We look back into Australia’s ancient past as we get to know the culture of the Aborigines, and we come into contact with one of the seven wonders of the world as we scuba dive through the Great Barrier Reef. To round out our stay in Australia, we take in a show at the Sydney Opera House – a landmark of modern architecture – or check out a movie on the world’s largest IMAX screen. New Zealand is no less spectacular, with its imposing peaks and tropical beaches. Here, we ride in the world’s fastest jet boat and cruise through the breathtaking fjords of Milford Sound. We’ll find out just what distinguishes New Zealand from its neighbors down under as we learn about the country’s history and culture, and attend an authentic Maori Haka. Throughout our trip, safety and choice are our top priorities. You will be led by expert staff who have a deep familiarity with these destinations, so that you can safely and securely assemble a trip that is your very own!
- South Africa Community Service
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/2/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$5,085.00
- Want to begin your summer with a life-changing community service trip? Want to go on a safari and see all of the Big 5? Then this is the trip for you! The diverse culture, untouched landscape and rich history engage every traveler, and the effects of our service work will become immediately visible on the faces of those who will benefit from our efforts. Our unique community service and safari adventure will give each participant the opportunity to broaden their worldview and cultivate meaningful memories that will last a lifetime. We begin our trip by exploring the cosmopolitan city of Cape Town, visiting legendary Table Mountain, and going to historically rich Robben Island, where we get a first-hand lesson in South Africa’s complex history. Next we travel to the Wild Coast for our 7-day community service project. We will be volunteering our energy towards helping several local township schools, building playgrounds and helping work with the students who live there in their new computer labs. It is a rare and extremely rewarding experience to work hand-in-hand with the members of the community our work is meant to support. During our time on the Wild Coast, we will take a reprieve from our labors and make time for fun, as we learn to surf and get to know more about the region where we’re staying. When our service work is done, we head to Kruger National Park for two days of game drives in hopes of seeing the Big 5 – lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards and rhinos. We finish our journey with a stay in Johannesburg, where we visit the Apartheid Museum and the Cradle of Humankind, before we bid South Africa a fond farewell.
- Discover Europe
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/24/2013 to 7/8/201335 Campers$4,685.00
- Our Discover Europe adventure is a star-studded tour of Europe's A-list hotspots in France, Italy and Spain open to students who have completed their junior or senior year of high school. At the end of this trip you will have admired Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower, tasted the gelato of your life in Florence, walked in the steps of Caesar in Rome, and opened your mind to the masterpieces of Picasso and Gaudí in Barcelona. We begin our journey in Barcelona, the super-hip city where they speak Catalan (not Spanish!) and eat paella. This seaside city has something for everyone, from soccer fans to contemporary art lovers to history buffs, and you’ll be intoxicated by its vibrancy as you go from shopping and biking by day to clubbing and enjoying fantastic seafood by night. Then it’s on to Italy, a country brimming with art, cuisine, and its famous hospitality. We’ll eat pasta made by hand and chocolates that have been made by the same family for generations. We’ll tour the masterworks of Renaissance, including paintings by Boticelli and Leonardo da Vinci, as well as sculpture by Michelangelo and Donatello. Our next stop is Rome, the Eternal City, home of the most expansive empire in Western history. We’ll walk in the footsteps of Julius Caesar, tour the ruins of the Roman Forum, and marvel at the splendor of the collections at the Vatican Museums. Our final stop is Paris, the legendary city traversed by the Seine. Here you’ll climb the Eiffel Tower, and soak in the joie de vivre of French culture. You can shop along the Champs Elysses, see the world-famous Mona Lisa at the Louvre, and marvel at the enormity of Notre Dame Cathedral. Come experience the best of Europe with us! Note: Multiple sessions available Session 1: June 24 - July 8, 2013 Session 2: July 6 - July 20, 2013
- Backpacking for Teens I
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/26/2013 to 7/8/201335 Campers$3,385.00
- Backpack through Europe and ride the rails this summer with the pros at Travel for Teens. Do it the way it’s meant to be done and visit Amsterdam, Bavaria, the Swiss Alps, and Venice on this authentic trip to some of the most fascinating places in Europe. This trip is limited to older students who are finishing the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. We begin in Amsterdam, the elegant city of canals and cobblestone streets and a favorite stop for backpackers and young travelers in the know. Pull out your railpass and jump the next train to Munich, the cultural capital of Bavaria and home to the Oktoberfest festival. This ancient city, meticulously rebuilt after WWII, is a prime stop on the euro-backpacking circuit. Our next train brings us to the idyllic Swiss Alps, a landscape of dramatic mountains, valleys and alpine pastures with views over the Rhone valley. Romantic and mysterious Venice is last, the perfect setting to wrap up this Euro adventure. Travel for Teens staff are the perfect leaders for a backpacking trip through Europe, providing the ideal mix of supervision, insider knowledge, travel know-how, and fun as our groups winds its way by train through the best of the Continent.
- Backpacking for Teens II
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/20/2013 to 8/1/201335 Campers$3,385.00
- Your adventure starts in Florence, the thriving Italian capital of culture and birthplace of the Renaissance. From our hip accommodations next to the Duomo in the center of town, we’ll wander the ancient streets sipping espresso and talking Michelangelo with the best of them. Say ciao, Firenze, as we jump the train for the azure Mediterranean waters of the Cinque Terre, a collection of five fishing villages along the Italian Riviera. We’ll stay in the heart of the Cinque Terre, soaking in the relaxed atmosphere of our village and hiking the world-famous trail that follows the coast. Take out your railpass again, it’s time to explore the natural beauty and elegance of Switzerland where we’ll spend our time exploring traditional mountain hamlets and the great outdoors. Paris, the City of Light, is our final destination. Nobody knows Paris like we do – come with us and get to know Parisian culture from the inside out as we hit the main sights of the city as well as hidden treasures that tourists just don’t know about. Travel for Teens staff are the perfect leaders for a backpacking trip through Europe, providing the ideal mix of supervision, insider knowledge, travel know-how, and fun as our groups winds its way by train through the best of the Continent.
- Barcelona & Mallorca Language
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/27/2013 to 7/9/201335 Campers$4,285.00
- The Barcelona & Mallorca Language trip is a great addition to your Spanish summer. It's perfect for any teen who is interested in improving their Spanish language skills this summer but doesn’t want to spend their entire trip in the classroom. Travel For Teens understands the balance between structured class instruction and hands on practice with cool counselors that foster the travel bug and the desire to improve your language skills. The first part of our trip will be spent acclimating ourselves to Barcelona’s famous sites. Then the fun continues for 2 nights in Mallorca, a must-do for European travelers. Our hotel, located in Palma de Mallorca, will be our home base as we negotiate the cultural sights and coveted beaches of this amazing island. Take a catamaran ride where we will stop to snorkel and feast on a Mediterranean style barbeque for lunch. Our afternoons in Mallorca will be complete with incredible trips to Mallorca’s pristine beaches. You will love this island! After the first four days of acclimatization to the Catalunyan way of life, we will begin our language immersion. For a full week we will be in class each morning at a top notch language school. Our afternoons will consist of practicing what we have learned in real life situations as we visit the classic attractions. We will be situated near the school outside of town where we will have access to the less-touristic exotic beach and mountain attractions that surround Barcelona. We will also stay a few nights in the heart of Barcelona with easy access to all the main attractions like the famous Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s Park Guell, the Nou Camp (Barcelona FC’s soccer stadium), and the incredible museums of Picasso and Salvador Dali. Most of these sights are just a short walk away from our hotel located just off Las Ramblas. We will scoot around the city on one of the best bike tours in Europe (if you don’t bike, don’t worry, there is an alternative and more than one person will choose this). Of course, there is plenty of time allotted for tanning on the Mediterranean beach of Barcelona and for shopping. The trip is well balanced between learning and having fun. This comprehensive tour has become somewhat legendary amongst “TFTers,” as it pedals you through all of Barcelona’s major sights! And don’t forget the food! A trip to Spain would not be complete without a paella cooking class and a night out sampling tapas. Don’t forget to pack at least one nice outfit for clubbing and for our last night’s spectacular dinner before sadly saying farewell to Spain.
- Cinque Terre Service with Rome & Sorrento
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/26/2013 to 7/8/201335 Campers$4,085.00
- Travel to the Cinque Terre, participate in a meaningful community service project, and then explore the splendors of Rome, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast – This unique trip combines service, sea, and history in Italy. Steep terraced mountainsides plummet into crystalline seas and beautiful beaches spread out below towns filled with pastel colored houses and storefronts in the Cinque Terre. We have the privilege of working alongside the National Park of the Cinque Terre (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to preserve the lands protected by the Park, and we’ll also learn from the locals about their unique way of life. This park has been designated by the United Nations as an irreplaceable area of natural and cultural heritage that must be preserved for future generations of humankind, and we are honored to do our part. Bring your hiking boots, as we will be hiking up and down trails with the most beautiful vistas you’ve ever seen! Rome is next – the cosmopolitan, buzzing capital of Italy, where we will immerse ourselves in the exciting mix of ancient imperial glory and modern Italian style. Gaze in awe at the Coliseum, wander the streets of the Roman Forum, and stare at Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling in Vatican City before descending into the crypt of St. Peter’s for the extremely rare opportunity to view St. Peter’s Tomb itself. Sorrento, on the legendary Bay of Naples, is the perfect spot to wrap up this unforgettable adventure. We’ll take a scenic cruise down the Amalfi Coast to Positano, explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii, and spend a day on chic Capri. This summer, combine service in the Cinque Terre with the incredible history of Rome and the sun and sea of Sorrento as you travel the Italian peninsula with our experienced, safe, and fun-loving staff. Note: Participants will receive a certificate for 20 hours of community service upon completion of the project There are multiple sessions available: Session 1: June 26 - July 8, 2013 Session 3: July 20 - August 1, 2013
- Greece & Italy
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/8/2013 to 7/20/201335 Campers$4,285.00
- Greece and Italy – two amazing countries begging to be explored, who share ancient ties across long spans of history. Join us this summer to discover the wonder of these two Mediterranean lands and explore Greek, Ionian, and Italian ways of life! We begin in Athens, an international hub and thriving modern city that was once the capital of the Classical world. We’ll sift through the layers of over three millennia as we climb the Acropolis and explore the Ancient Agora. Cook and Dance like a Greek with your cool counselors, shop along the busy city streets, and marvel at the changes that the course of the years has made on this ancient civilization. Then it’s off to the Ionian Islands, some of the most spectacular seaside destinations in all of Europe! We’ll spend our time here sailing between the islands, mountain biking, windsurfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sea kayaking and hiking to secret waterfalls and swimming at the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen. Rome, capital of modern-day Italy and ancient capital of the Roman Empire, is a ferry ride away. This buzzing city is filled with fashion, food, culture and stunning sights around every corner. We’ll gaze at Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling at the Vatican Museums, visit the Roman Forum and Coliseum, and visit St. Peter’s Tomb. Outside Rome, we’ll also visit Pompeii, an ancient Roman city perfectly preserved when it was suddenly buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. Our exceptional staff is deeply familiar with both Greece and Italy – come with us on an adventure filled with safe and amazing options!
- Costa Rica Adventure & Service
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/19/2013 to 7/29/201335 Campers$2,785.00
- Our second trip to Costa Rica offers the best adventure, wildlife observation and community service activities in one trip! We begin with a journey from San Jose to the Caribbean coast via the Pan American highway and a river boat that takes you deep into the rainforest. Nestled between the river and beach, our lodge is surrounded by rainforest, has its own frog sanctuary, butterfly farms, and big comfortable bungalow style rooms connected by a wooden walkway. In the morning we'll head out with our guide onto the river and into the pristine, untouched protected areas of the rainforest to look for monkeys, brightly colored tropical birds, snakes, giant iguanas and other rare wildlife! We'll also spend a morning helping to clean up the beach next to the lodge where giant turtles lay their eggs and after dark head out to watch them build their nests. We then head to La Quinta de Sarapiqui, a family-run rain forest resort where we'll take a night bat tour and even touch, feed and safely release them. The following morning we'll participate in a tree planting activity to help the restoration process of the native flora, specifically the Almendro de Montaña, to improve the habitat for the Green Macaw. Our next stop is Arenal, where we'll stay in a hotel at the foot of the Arenal Volcano - the 10th most active volcano in the world! The hotel is extremely comfortable and has a series of 6 naturally heated mineral hot pools connected by an uphill foot path and covered in tropical vegetation. In the afternoon we'll head to La Fortuna waterfall, a 210 foot ribbon of water gushing into a pool where we'll relax and swim. The following morning we head into the town to a local school to help out with whatever may be needed at the time: you may paint a wall, do some light handiwork, or interact with the students. Next we head off to the Rincon de La Vieja where we stay in what was once a cattle raising ranch but was converted to a comfortable hotel years ago. Here we'll go on a zip lining canopy tour, ride 400 meters down a mountain waterslide and ride horses (or a tractor, if you'd rather not ride horses) up to relaxing hot springs! Our final stop takes us to a 750 acre beach resort on the Pacific coast were we'll soak up the sun on world class triple flag white sand beaches, enjoy the resort's many amenities (pools surrounded by tropical nature, snorkeling, water sports, even an 18 hole mini golf course!). We'll also go on a crocodile safari for an up close look at these incredible animals in their natural habitat. The charm and splendor of Costa Rica is almost tangible; from arrival to sad wave goodbye, the warmth of the people and the marvel of natural beauty is a truly spectacular and indispensable experience. Come learn the meaning of Pura Vida in Costa Rica!! Note: Multiple sessions available July 19- 29, 2013 July 29- August 8, 2013
- Italy Photography
MORE INFORMATION ▼6/29/2013 to 7/8/201325 Campers$3,285.00
- Tuscany and Venice offer the kinds of photo opportunities that photographers dream about. Where better to sharpen your travel photo skills while touring beautiful locations and absorbing lessons in history and culture? Our Italy Photography trip is designed to give you the best in cultural exploration as you travel through this amazing country, honing your photographic skills and taking new artistic risks to bring home images whose power will last a lifetime. We are accompanied by a professional photographer who will conduct daily lessons and help you review your previous days’ work. On this trip you’ll learn how to think like a pro travel photographer and kick your hobby to the next level. We base ourselves in Florence, seat of the Italian Renaissance and home to masterpieces by Michelangelo, Botticelli, and Leonardo da Vinci. Surrounded by all the art and culture the city has to offer, you’ll take in the history of the Renaissance as you compose professional quality portraits and landscapes. Then we’ll head into the rolling Tuscan hills to explore some of the most charming medieval villages that Italy has to offer. Venice is next, a water-bound city like no other in the world. We’ll concentrate on light and reflections as we wander the Venetian canals and labyrinthine alleyways and explore the islands of Murano and Burano. This enchanting city on the water will capture your heart and lens like no other. Opportunities abound for you to do amazing photographic work as your TFT guides show you the best of Italy, from the masterpieces of painting and sculpture at some of the world’s most important museums, to bustling outdoor markets and side streets filled with exciting surprises. Note: Multiple sessions available: June 29 - July 8, 2013 August 1- August 10, 2013
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/14/2013 to 7/30/201335 Campers$4,385.00
- Come with us to an island archipelago paradise with gorgeous beaches, abundant sea life, friendly people and tons of hot sun! Fiji deserves all the praise and attention it receives as the untouched natural beauty cannot be justifiably captured in pictures and words alone. Journey with us to several different islands in the Yasawa and Mamanuca island chains to get in touch with what it means to be Fijian. Spend your days snorkeling, scuba diving in pristine waters, sea kayaking over amazing reefs, visiting real Fijian villages then dance and sing the night away with your new Fijian friends. You’ll hike to the peaks of the islands and snorkel and dive the reefs that ring them, swimming with white-tipped reef sharks and migrating manta rays. We’ll visit limestone caves, cruise around in sea kayaks, and look out for sea turtles as we float above the waves. Each day you will enjoy the rhythm of daily life – Fiji Time! - with the local inhabitants; their customs will become your customs. Drink kava with a village chief, learn about medicinal and edible fruits and vegetables from a village elder and learn to wear your sulu like a real Fijian. This trip also features two full days based in Nadi, the capital, where we will take day trips to the Singatoka Sand Dunes, Lawai Pottery Village and finish the day relaxing in a thermal mud bath watching the sunset. Your final day will include a visit into Nadi town itself for some excellent souvenir shopping at the stores and Handicraft Market. On our last night, we’ll enjoy a spectacular island dance and banquet, as we prepare to depart with Fiji in our hearts. Our trip combines a fast-paced thirst for adventure and fun with a typically Fijian laid-back attitude, giving you the perfect combination of excitement and relaxation to end your summer. Note: Multiple sessions available July 14 - July 30, 2013 ($4385) July 30 - August 11, 2013 ($3585)
- South Africa Safari Photography
MORE INFORMATION ▼7/20/2013 to 8/1/201335 Campers$4,185.00
- Get ready for the photo adventure of a lifetime, as we travel to the southern part of the African continent for ten days of unbelievable action! No prior photography skills are required. Just bring your sense of adventure, an open mind, and a desire to learn. We begin in Johannesburg, South Africa, where we’ll spend some time learning the history of this place and getting to know our new surroundings. As we progress in our travels, we make time each day for photography lessons, as we learn new skills and review tour work from previous days, so that we can track our improvement as we go! We’ll surf and ride horses in the Wild Coast, and safari through the Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve. Then it’s on to Livingstone, Zambia, where the differences in the landscape and culture will astound you from the moment you step off the plane. Confront the might Zambezi River, home of Victoria Falls as well as the endangered white rhino. The drama of these scenes will no doubt inspire you to make bold new photographs unlike anything you’ve done before! We round out the trip in Botswana, where we’ll be based just outside Chobe National Park. Prepare yourself for world-class photography safaris on river boats, canoes and 4x4 vehicles, as you look out for the chance to snap the “Big 5” – lions, elephants, cape buffalo, leopards, and rhinos. Join us with your camera this summer in Southern Africa!